Dorset Landscape Photography
Welcome to Sunset Sunday! A weekly feature on Jack Lodge Photography where I have set myself a challenge for 2017 - to capture every sunset on every Sunday throughout the year. Every week I will be traveling across the Dorset coastline to try and capture the sunset no matter what the weather...
This week was the first planned workshop of the year and involved a trip down to Kimmeridge Bay, Wareham with the guys over at South Coast Photography Club. Although the sunset was nowhere to be seen due to the thick covering of cloud, the tide was still low and the incredible rock formations at Kimmeridge Bay were on display.
Due to the dull nature and bad natural lighting of this evening's shoot, a lot more work had to be done in post-processing compared to a naturally lit sunset. A screenshot of my Lightroom CC workflow can be seen below, where you will see I have adjusted the following:
- White balance to compensate for the cold RAW file
- Enhanced contrast to provide a stronger separation between black and whites
- Enhanced clarity to create more detail in the dark areas of the foreground
- Light bump of sharpness (+22) for digital use (Zeiss Batis 18mm is incredibly sharp edge to edge)
- Camera profile changed from Adobe Standard to Camera Standard for softer tones